Thursday, October 2, 2008

Panic(!) At The Disco

I'm at a dilemma.

The summer after my senior year of High School is when I really started getting into music. The following October in the same year, is the first Panic! At the Disco concert I ever went to, the Nintendo Fusion Tour. (And coincidentally, my 2nd Fall Out Boy one).

That was Panic's first tour ever. They were the opening act, not very many people paid attention to them.

Their next tour, the Truckstops & Statelines Winter Tour, The Academy Is was headlining, and the line at Marquee went all the way under the bridge. But EVERYONE left before The Academy Is even came on. Panic was HUGE. Rumor has it that Panic's album sales surpassed Academy's during the tour (the order of line up on tours is usually based off of record sales)



Their next tour was their first headlining tour (North American Tour... so original). It was AMAZING. They had Lucent Dossier Vaudeville Cirque come tour with them to perform. Basically, throughout their whole show, they had circus performers performing to the songs. It was so cool.



And the band liked it so much, they took them along on their next tour, the Nothing Rhymes With Circus tour, their first Arena tour. Basically, it was like watching a circus. With a band. It was Absolutely amazing.




So when their Pretty. Odd album came out, I was expecting their show, headlining the Honda Civic Tour, to be something even better.

But it was way disappointing. Apparently since their music was emulating the Beatles, they went way simple on their tour. Nothing but four guys dressed up on stage playing music.



At this point in my Panic relationship, I've gotten over the so-crazy-about-them-I-think-I'm-going-to-die stage. Their first album, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is definitely one of the very very few cd's I own that I love every song on there. (well, minus one song) It's such a great album top to bottom, and I've listened to it who knows how many times. And it was their first Album! Amazing. But while Pretty. Odd. is good, it's very good musically, and I do really enjoy listening to it... they lost their zing I think in this album. What makes Panic Panic is their upbeat tunes that are spilling with energy. And Pretty. Odd. just lost that.

So you can say my love is dwindling.

So here I am. I've been to see Panic at every tour they've ever been on. And I'm not as much of a die hard fan as I used to. And they are coming into town next week. Do I go? Just to say I've been to every one? I know I'll enjoy myself. I love seeing my boys.

Or... do I just let this one go? Will I regret not going? Probably. Will I miss much? Probably not. Will I regret going? Maybe.


I don't know what to do. *sigh*

...Who wants to go with me?

1 comment:

everyday katie said...

Go. You'll regret it. But I can see how no circus performers would be disappointing. THat sounds spectacular.