Friday, August 14, 2009

Wake up call

I got home extremely late last night. After what seems like 2 minutes of being asleep, I wake up to my mom.

Mom: "Rachel! Rachel what are you doing you get up this instant! Rachel you need to get downstairs this instant! Rachel..."

Me: anwoi bejuvj aaoeinvg

Mom: "Rachel I mean it!..."

Me: awoinon asoawnpgn oerrnbn

(at this point I lose comprehension of what my mom is saying because I start to try and figure out what is going on.)

*my phone starts ringing*

"Rachel you need to get up right now. Don't you put your head back on your pillow! Don't you dare! Don't you curl up and go to sleep!"

*floats head precariously above pillow*

"Rachel get up! Don't you go back to sleep get up now!"

But mom! Give me 2 minutes to wake up. I need my pillow! My beautiful, ever trusting, ever comforting, cotton pillow

*She starts to leave while still scolding*

*Still floating my head precariously above pillow*

Just 2 minutes! Please!

*Leaves the room*

Ah. Pillow. How I missed you.

Oh. Missed 5 calls from my dad.

Oh crap. I gotta get up.


Which ensued a long 10 hour work day! Yay!



But... thanks mom. I owe you. :)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

You were dreaming, my dear. The first and second attempts to wake you were Melanie, followed by unanswered texts by me from downstairs, then I came up - but I didn't scold . . .I was just concerned that you assured me you were awake, while at the same time turning over and curling up with your pillow.
and . . . yes, you do owe me :) haha
(and not just a ten hour work day, but a 10 hour day of hard labor in the heat. YAY!)

Chelsea said...

hee hee - you are SOO funny! What a great story - I love the way you write!