My cousin Katie tagged me so....
I have to warn you, that after doing this, I have concluded that I am somewhat autistic or OCD ...or something.
6 quirks about me:
Numero uno: I don't like sleeping in the dark. It's not because I'm afraid, but because I like to be able to see my surroundings. If I chance to wake up the middle of the night, or when I'm falling asleep even, I like to be able to see the room. I do occasionally, when sleeping in the same room as other people, fall asleep in total darkness just fine. But I'm more comfortable with some kind of light on. Maybe it's because I always grew up with the hall light on and my door cracked. My sister is the same way, and she sleeps in the same room I used to be in, right next to the hall light. But whatever the reason, I still don't like it.
Two: When I tap my fingers, I like to make sure all my fingers are tapped evenly. When I'm doing some random rhythm with them, and I feel like some of the fingers are being left out, I tap them a few extra times, or change the rhythm to make sure it's all even. Piano playing does not apply.
Three: I like to walk on the cracks in the sidewalk. This isn't to say I step on every one, I would look ridiculous... but when I'm walking on a sidewalk, and my foot is close enough to step on it, I make sure it does. And not just anywhere on my foot, no, it has to be on the ball of my foot. So if you're ever walking along-side me on a sidewalk having a conversation, and you think my full attention is on you, you might be mistaken because there's probably a small portion of my brain devoted to the placement of my feet.
Four: I like to have things in line, and parallel. I don't do this one as often. But say when I'm taking notes (on a notebook) in class, or I'm sitting at the table at home and in front of me there is a book, paper, pen, you name it on the table, I line up the notebook, paper, pen etc. with the edge of the table. It just looks nice. And orderly. I did this a lot at my desk when I was working at this bank. All the sticky notes, calculator, mouse pad and everything was lined up with the edges of the desk. It just looks better to me.
Five: When I eat a meal, I like to eat the best thing last. I think it's because I don't want to finish eating something I don't particularly like. I want to finish with a good taste/feeling in my mouth. For example, I don't like eating the crust. I do it anyway, because well, that's what you do. So when I eat a sandwich I eat all the crust and then the delectable crust free inside with all the flavors last. Same with cookies. I eat the dumb crusty outside first, then the soft gooey middle. This was also true with Halloween candy. I always ate the best things last. I'd eat all the candy I didn't like first (because, come on, you can't leave candy uneaten) and eat all the best stuff last.
Six: I can't stand it when teachers/professors erase the board to put something new on there, and leave little marks here and there. It drives me absolutely bonkers. Erase the whole thing! GAH!
So ya. Those are my quirks. Weird huh? Nobody really notices any of these things though. I never make a point of it, let it go when need be, and make sure it doesn't interfere with everyday life. But it sure is strange.
4 comments:
Ok, so you are a little crazy. But I am the same on two of those. I didn't even thing about it. I like to step on lines/ cracks, too. I don't really pay too much attention when other people are around. But when I'm alone...especially jogging or something...I make it a point to step on them. Not with the ball of my foot, the arch. I'm sure I look ridiculous. Depending on how far apart they are, it either speeds up or slows down my jog.
And I ALWAYS eat the best part last. Just last week, Spencer made dinner and he said, What's wrong? Don't you like that chicken. Little did he know it was my favorite part of dinner so I was saving it. I frequently do the same thing with crusts, too. Only when I can do it without being too obvious...it's a little weird.
I love the tapping fingers thing. You're hilarious. And needing to see your surrounds? It sounds like maybe you ARE afraid of the dark. This was great. you are quirky!
Haha thats funny that you do those things too. At least I'm not the only one...
Whoops, that last one was from me.
I think I'm quirkier than it appears. I just couldn't think of anything. Actually, I probably do a lot of quirky things and don't realize that they might be weird to other people.
* I make it a point NOT to step on cracks (remember...step on a line, break your mother's spine; step on a crack, break your father's back.)
* I also hate when they forget to erase a part of something on the board. You should see how particular I am in my classroom about erasing boards
* I don't eat in order of what I like best but I do save a least one bite of my favorite food for last. When I have hamburgers and fries though I can't decide. If I have fries last, I always wish I had one more bite of hamburger and when I have hamburger last, I always want a few more fries.
We're a bunch of wacko's aren't we?
Post a Comment