I really can't say I can pin-point one big embarrassing moment. I do, however, have many, many little ones. Mostly I just end up saying really dumb things. All the time. But I can think of some others.
Like one time at camp. When you lost something at camp, you had to come up in front of everyone, and do a dance, or sing a song, or do something embarrassing in front of everyone at dinner, in order to get your stuff back. Well I had left my sweater out on the field. So when the leaders held it up I got up and started walking towards the front. What I failed to realize though, was that I had managed to drop a sizable piece of lettuce, with plenty of dressing, onto my boob. And there it stuck. Until I got to the front and someone so kindly pointed it out to me. In front of everyone.
We got our new puppy Kipp the end of my 6th grade. For the first year of having him we had such an awful time getting him to pee outside. Well, a few may know how messy my room gets from time to time. Well, once in 7th grade, I showed up to school, and I kept smelling dog pee! And I could NOT find out where it was coming from. Well, come to find out, the dog had peed on my sweater. On the shoulder part of my sweater. Sadly, this happened more than once.
One time in 6th grade, I must have had a cold or something. It was in the middle of class, and I forget what we were doing, but everyone was talking and it was pretty noisy in there. Anyways, I sneezed and forgot to cover my mouth... and a HUGE loogy landed on the floor. And what do I do? Look around, make sure no one saw, and act like it didn't happen. About 5 minutes later one of the boys discovered it and pointed and yelled out "Ew look someone left a huge booger on the floor!" I just tried to look grossed out with everyone else. Haha.
Also, in 6th or 7th grade, I was over at Jennifer's house, and we were playing marbles. And I was having one of those incredible gassy days. I know you've all had them... Well anyways, Jennifer made me laugh at something, as she often does, and I laughed, and leaned in such a way that a little fart leaked out. Well this made Jennifer pretty much die of laughter. Whew it was embarrassing. She now accredits this moment to the very first time I "opened up" to her. Yes, I must say it was the beginning of a very open friendship. :)
One time in my Sophomore year in high school, I asked my friend Francisco when Cinco de Mayo was. He just started laughing at me. It took me a couple minutes to get it. For those of you that are as white as I am, Cinco de Mayo literally means, '5th of May'
You know that game, well I wouldn't really call it a game, but you grab your friends hands and you spin around as fast as you can. Just cause. Well I was doing this with my friend Alisa, the summer after my Junior yr of High School. And we were going pretty fast, and all of a sudden our hands slipped, and I went flying, and literally rolled backwards out of control. As in I did a backwards summersault. My feet went up over my head. I've never laughed so hard in my life.
Not long ago when I went paintballing with my friends Katie O and Katie G, I wore some old pants of mine so I wouldn't have to worry about the paint. We had a blast, and we were crawling around and not really accomplishing much, but it was still fun. After we were done, I was sitting on a table next to Katie G and we were waiting for Katie O. I look down, and suddenly realize that I have a huge tear in my pants about 4 inches long, alongside the bottom of the zipper. An easy window for some underwear exposure. I quickly crossed my legs and acted cool. But afterwards I showed it to Katie G. She just laughed.
Earlier this semester, when my school had a Beatles tribute concert, I got Katie G to go with me. Now in the concert hall there's two sections. The lower and the higher sections, separated by a walkway. We sat up in the higher section, in the front, which is only separated from the walkway by a short wall. Well when the concert was over, Katie decides to jump this wall in front of us (because neither of us felt like waiting for people to move) so I jumped too. Just as I finished saying, 'Watch I'm probably going to biff it' I landed, but I was off center so I start moving backwards as fast as I can as to keep myself from falling backwards, and after about 10 steps collided with a couple chairs. I looked SO ridiculous. Like a penguin waddling backwards as fast as it can. This happened in front of literally 100s of people. We both started cracking up.
So yes there's just a few of them. And suddenly, reading over this, these things don't seem all that bad. I guess they always seem worse when it's happening to you. The best thing, though, is that they're over!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had some tough years in Jr. High.
(and Kipp peed on my purse once too and I couldn't figure out where that lingering smell was coming from all day.)
WOW! I didn't know a person could have so many embarrassing moments. The junior high years are really awkward, aren't they? I love the story about jumping over the balcony. You crazy girl!
Okay, I'm reading these and I am literally cracking uppp because I can picture you in each of these situations hahaha. Bad things happen to the best of us.
This is Roxanne by the way (:
haha I remember that. I'm still laughing about it. Especially the one where you jumped over the wall. That was pretty priceless.
Post a Comment