So tomorrow is my Jury Exam. Which means I have to play my memorized pieces for 3 of my teachers. It's going to be a grand old time!
The songs I learned this semester:
Rachmaninoff Etude-Tableaux Op. 33 No. 2 in C Major
(This woman looks so goofy when she's playing... musicians. They're weird.) She plays 2 songs, the first one is the one I learned. I tell you, this song has stretched out my left hand beyond what it was meant to do! It gave me cramps in my left hand when I was first learning it... Plus there's a buttload of arm crossing and what not. But I love this song. It's beautiful.
And Beethoven Sonata Op.10 No.1 1st Movement
I realize the audio is off on this video.. but I really like the way she plays it. This song is pretty straight-forward. And I actually find it pretty boring. But it fulfills one of the requirements for the ASU audition...
Anywhoo.. wish me luck!
UPDATE: I did actually really well! Made some minor mistakes but altogether it was really good. My teachers gave me two A's and a B+. Not bad!
2 comments:
YIKES!!! Those sound like some difficult pieces. But beyond that...you're right they do look goofy playing those pieces. I hope someone video's you so we can see how goofy you look.
good luck!
What a relief to have those over with. I'm glad you did well. I remember my roommate stressing over her jury's. Just hearing that word brings back memories and makes me feel sorry for you.
Post a Comment