Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bug me

I have always wanted a VW Bug. A red, convertible bug.

It's so adorable! Can't you just picture my hot self cruisin around in this hot car?

However there are some minor setbacks to having/buying this car.
1. No A/C. As I live in Arizona, this is a must.
2. I really like to be able to give my friends rides. I don't think they would like to be stuffed in the back of this.
3. Buying one this nice, costs upwards of about $7000.

My first car was a mustang convertible.
I always imagined fixing it up so it would be a hot convertible to hang out in with my friends. But truth was, my car only dreamed of looking this good:


Pluses:
1. It only cost $1500
2. It's hot stuff
3. It only broke down once
4. A speaker was working
5. It had a radio
6. It had a cd player
7. Guys were constantly complimenting on me having a 5.0 V8.
8. The A/C worked
9. I could fit 3 friends in it.

Minuses:
1. It didn't run when I bought it.
2. It was a piece of crap. Dents, scratches, holes... everywhere. Had to practically shove the top down.
3. It broke down once, causing me to miss a quiz and therefor get a B in the class.
4. Only one speaker worked.
5. It was constantly overheating.
6. The A/C was cool, not cold.
7. When it overheated, the A/C stopped working.
8. The back seat was a squeeze.

It was still awesome, though. I still loved it.

But sadly, last spring it retired. It retired right into a little red car. And damaged itself. And damaged my heart... *tear*

So now I drive this sweet little number:

It's a 2001 Chevy Cavalier bought for a steal of $2300. It's pluses far out weigh the minuses. And with the installation of a new radio, thanks to my good friend Gerrit, it's going to be bomb.

My all time dream car is a new Mustang GT convertibles. This one:

But as it is entirely unobtainable to me, I try and keep my mind off of it. But you better believe the day I turn 25 I'm going to be renting that thing, yes indeedy.

And yes, I like convertibles. I always envision me and my friends in the car with the top down, cruisin, laughing, music blaring, hair in the wind... hey it could happen.

So with the first car I got the convertible aspect down. And with the second I got the non-ghetto-ness taken care of. I'm getting there. Maybe when I'm rich I'll get my bug. I use it just for cruzin around with my homey G's. Well... maybe just homey G.

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

I had no idea you cared so much about your cars. For me, I think I'd need a Jeep Wrangler to make me feel cool.

By the way...I do see some of you in that personality test. Phrases like "can convince anyone of anything" or "you're very clever" or "you see everything as s grand adventure." I also think "Analytical, creative, and peaceful" describe you. But the truth is, I've hardly spent 5 minutes with you since we were kids. So I mainly know you as an adult from what you write on your blog. It was fun to read anyway.

Anonymous said...

yup i want a VW bus. thats the car for me.

Julian said...

yo I didn't know your not using the same car anymore!

Rachel Helton said...

who is this j, i'd like to know!