Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thoughts and Other Things

The Twilight movie was terribly cheesy. The directing was bad, the editing was bad, the visual effects were bad, the casting of the entire Cullen family (minus Edward) was bad, the soundtrack was HORRIBLE. It totally failed for me. It had a good foundation (the plot/storyline) but that came from the story Stephenie Meyer wrote. Go see it though and form your own opinion. I've actually already seen it twice. It's still entertaining. And Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen is still pretty good eye-candy...

After opening weekend alone, it's projected that they will make 3 or 4 times what their budget was for this movie, so hopefully the next movie will be better.


Other things going on: I'm accepted to ASU, now I have to audition into the music program, and that application should be done this week. My music composition application/portfolio will probably be in after I'm done with this semester of school so I have another piece to submit with that. So it's all coming along.

Please come to my performance on Dec 11th! We're performing the huge Bartok Sonata! (The one that is 50 pages long) And hopefully we can all get it together by then! I'm pretty much not sleeping these days. Lots and lots of work.... Here's the information:

Paradise Valley Community College
18401 N 32nd St.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Thursday, December 11th
7:30pm
In CPA building (the tall funky looking one on the East of campus)
Admission is free

I would love to have as many people as possible there!
I'll probably also be performing my 6 page Bach piece. bleh.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Can't wait to see you perform.
Mel and I are going to see Twilight tomorrow. Hope it is good.