Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This semester

I thought that now that I'm not taking any academic classes and taking music classes only, that this semester would be a little easier. Well I was wrong. This has been the most trying semester ever. First I had to do the Maricopa college competition with the pieces I learned last semester. Then I've been put on the task of learning the 1st piano part of Bartok's Sonata for two pianos and percussion. The first movement alone is 50 pages long. I'm on page 22. And we're supposed to perform it May 1st. On top of that I have to finish learning and memorize the other two songs for my jury exam at the end of the semester. I want to quit piano. If this is what a music major is like I don't know if I can do it. I need sleep.

Here's a video of first half of the first movement of the Bartok. It's 8 min long...

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

Yeah, I was a music major for like 3 semesters. It didn't fly with me. I however, was not as talented as you. You're amazing.

Cynthia said...

You can do it. You know that, don't you? I love love love hearing you play. I still feel sad that you play your own piano up in your room instead of in the living room like you used to do. Better for you, I know, but I miss you on the piano down here. Good luck spending the rest of the semester with Mr. Bartok! I can't wait to hear you perform.