Tuesday, February 26, 2008

piano

My school had a convocation on Friday. For all the music students. We have a new piano player this semester and he played Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C sharp minor. And he put so much passion into that piece it gave me goosebumps. It seriously affected me for another couple hours. He played it so so so beautifully. Here's the best rendition I can find on youtube, but it still doesn't compare to what I saw live, everyone should really see something like this in person. But this is the video I connect with the most. I love how he's wearing a jersey. Musicians are always wearing tuxes and black dresses, I say revolt! This is going to be me... well, my style anyways.



And then the one of the other piano students, Naomi, played this beautiful Chopin piece - Etude Op. 10 No. 12 "Revolutionary". I can't believe she has the stamina and discipline to learn something like that. That is one of the most difficult pieces to learn on the piano, because of what the left hand has to do. I also found the best rendition I could find on youtube but again, it still doesn't compare. Check out the left hand!



Leaves me feeling so inadequate. Argh!

No comments: