Anyways, first off, when we got not 10 minutes past Payson, there was a road block due to a fatal accident (poor blokes.) We were told the wait would be something like an hour and a half. So we did this:


We are so grown up. :)
But then Meghan's dad called us telling us another way we could take so we did. Had to take a dirt road for forever, but it was fun! It was like an adventure... in the jungle. With, of course, dramatic lighting due to all the dust and lights from the other cars. Very spooky. Very cool.
So we went quading and canoing. To go canoing we had to strap the canoe on the top of the ranger and drove it the 20 plus minutes to black canyon lake. The lake is small, but big enough to go canoing. (Please don't tell me how to spell canoing. canooing? canoodling? ...I know I probably have it wrong and am too lazy, and my computer's running too slow today for me to look it up) We had a hard time getting it in the lake. Well no, we had a hard time getting it into the lake with us in it. As soon as we got in it it stuck in the mud. So after we got that tackled, it was a matter of keeping it upright. It's harder than it looks! But the three of us managed to go canoodling along. Not great mind you, If you had video-taped the whole escapade and put in on fast forward, I'm sure you would have seen something resembling a synchronized swim team (minus the synchronized and symmetric aspects) zig-zagging all across the lake to get to the other side. But we came, we canoed, and conquered that lake. And took some souvenirs from the opposite side:

One for each of us. :)
I'm so proud of my team. I'm a good Vice President. (I really don't do a single thing Vice-Presidentish) And not to mention Captain of the canoe. (We had absolutely no direction) And I'm a great paddler Meghan! I just had the defunctional paddle!
And then when we got back to the side of the lake where the ranger was, and after Gerrit and Meghan got out of the canoe Meghan thought it would be funny to push me into the water by myself when I was still standing. And I almost lost the paddle in the process! That would have been scary. Anyways, we had fun.
Pictures:





Um, Katie... there's something I need to tell you. You know, about our marriage and all... you see, there's someone else:








Then I got to visit my grandparents, who are awesome by the way. Made us take all the junk food in the world when we left. :)
15 comments:
Canoodling???!! I'm glad to see our higher education dollars are hard at work. How can you spell synchronize, but variations on the word canoe go haywire? (btw - canoe, canoed, canoeing, canoeist). Perhaps we should just focus on the creative writing aspect (vice-presidentish).
Actually, I'm glad you had so much fun. You really packed a lot into a 24 hour trip. You've got great friends.
Now, back to business . . . let's discuss your word "defunctional".
Where did you find those crazies?!!! You and your friends know how to have a good time. It makes me miss my college days. AHHH....
and now why wasnt i invited?!?!?!?! hmm?!?! ah well, i had work anyways. :)
DISfunctional. excuse me. it didn't get the red underline saying it was misspelled. therefore, not my fault.
Actually, it's "dysfunctional." But hey whatever, who's keeping track? :-)
THANKS FOR COMING WITH ME!!!! I LOVED IT! We will, for sure, have to do it again.
there's 2 ways of spelling it...
here:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disfunctional
bahahah canoodling..... that mean goofing around with a boy... watch your spelling little missy. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I'm sorry you felt the need to prove to us that "disfunctional" is a real word and you had to write down the website for that. That's sad. Also sad that people commented more on your spelling than about our trip. We do need to stop making fun of you, though. So everyone...no more comments about rachel's spelling! Only comments about the trip allowed. Oh and your mom's right...you do have really great friends. :-)
i would like to say i didnt make fun of your spelling, i was just laughing at the word canoodling..... its what chandler says on friends when he is in front of babies and kids. lol
I have to say...I've gone back to read this post like 3 times now. I think it's hilarious. Not only do you guys have incredible amounts of fun, but it's well written..despite your grammatical errors. They're part of what make it so fun to read.
oh, why thank you katie, i'm quite proud of it myself... *sticks tongue out at everyone else making fun of me*
Hey! I didn't make fun of you.
I did, but I apologize whole heartedly. Your pictures are adorable. Your stories and adventures are wonderful. Your friends are great. You take fun with you everywhere you go.
wow! most comments ever, all because of a little bad grammer.
well i think you speek good. *says like a hillbilly*
Post a Comment